Botox®, Dysport & Xeomin
Botox®, Dysport & Xeomin are facial injectable treatments commonly used to reduce or eliminate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Made from a purified protein, neurotoxins have the ability to relax the muscles that create facial wrinkles, giving you a refreshed, younger look. Botox, Dysport, & Xeomin can be used for the treatments listed below.
Once you are examined we will come up with a customized treatment plan to help you achieve the results you are looking for. Contact the Aesthetic Institute to schedule a consultation about the Botox, Dysport, & Xeomin treatments.
Watch Botox: What you need to know by Dr. Kami Parsa
- How do neurotoxins work?
- Neurotoxins work by relaxing the muscle used to make expressions that form wrinkles between the brows, the forehead, around the eyes and face.
- What do I need to know before I have a neurotoxin treatment?
- To minimize the risk of bruising, it is suggested to stop the use of Vitamin E, Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil, and other anti-inflammatory supplements 4 to 5 days before the injection.
- What should I know after I have a neurotoxin treatment?
- Post-procedure it is recommended you refrain from exercise, receiving a facial, or massage for 24 hours. It is also helpful to avoid lying down for up to 3 to 4 hours immediately after the injection.
- When will I see results from my neurotoxin treatment?
- The effects may be noticed in as little as 3 days, but it may take up to 10 days to achieve maximum results.
- How can neurotoxins help with my migraine headaches?
- Neurotoxins are FDA approved to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraines. It is felt that the relaxing of muscle contraction that Botox induces in the forehead and neck changes the “messages” that nerves in the region send to the brain. Somehow the nerves from these areas which transmit the sensation of pain are no longer obligated to tell your consciousness that you’re having a headache.
- Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
- Whether you are looking for a natural look, frozen look, or anything in between, our neurotoxin strategists will deliver the results you desire.
- How long will my Neurotoxins last?
- Visible results last up to 4 months.
- Can neurotoxins be used for treatment of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- In 2004 the FDA approved Botox for treatment of severe underarms sweating (axillary hyperhidrosis). Dryness typically lasts 4 to 14 months. Neurotoxins have also been used for excess sweating of face, hands and feet. Please call us for more information.