CO2 Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing
Fractional laser skin resurfacing, also known as a laser peel, laser vaporization and lasabrasion, can reduce facial wrinkles, scars and blemishes. The new fractionated CO2 lasers allow the provider to have a new level of control in laser surfacing, permitting extreme precision, especially in delicate areas such as around eyes and face.
Laser skin resurfacing can improve minor facial flaws, such as:
- Fine lines or wrinkles around or under your eyes, forehead or mouth
- Scars from acne or chickenpox
- Non-responsive skin after a facelift
- Aged or sun-damaged skin
- Liver spots
- Improve your complexion if you have yellowish or grayish skin tones
- Birthmarks such as linear epidermal nevi
- Enlarged oil glands on the nose
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for you or a family member.
- HOW DOES LASER SKIN RESURFACING WORK?
- It’s all about using beams of light. We use the laser to send short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin. This removes unwanted, damaged skin in a very precise manner one layer at a time.
- Laser skin resurfacing’s targeted approach means there are fewer problems with hypopigmentation, or a lightening of skin for procedures such as laser acne scar removal. The laser beam used in laser resurfacing will remove your outer layer of skin, called the epidermis. It simultaneously heats the underlying skin, called the dermis. This action works to stimulate growth of new collagen fibers. As the treated area heals, the new skin that forms is smoother and firmer.