Micro-needling is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that stimulates collagen production, improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars. Micro-needling allows for controlled stimulation of the skin’s self-repair process by creating precise, micro-injuries in the skin, which automatically trigger new collagen synthesis without causing scar tissue formation. The micro-injuries also create channels that allow product to penetrate deeper into the skin resulting in better product efficacy.
Do you have problems with scars on your skin? If you would like to improve the appearance of those scars, we can use scar treatments with micro-needling to target those areas.
Description: Micro-needling along with LED red/blue light treatment can reduce the appearance of stretchmarks. This combination therapy is also great for reducing the appearance of scars and age spots.
Micro Needling With Growth Factor
This special Micro-Needling facial has the Growth Factor booster which originates from stem cells and is beneficial for skin rejuvenation, promoting skin cell proliferation and further stimulating collagen formation.
Contact us at our office to get started today.
- What is Micro-Needling?
- The Eclipse MicroPen uses a sterile needle-tip containing 12 tiny micro-needles to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin. This initiates the skin’s repair process to naturally produce collagen and elastin, ideal for smoothing fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, traumatic scars, and stretch marks. Micro-channels created by the treatment allow for optimal absorption of topical products and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), enhancing their effects in the deeper layers of skin.
- What does it feel like?
- Micro-Needling feels similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. Topical numbing may be applied prior to your procedure, but no anesthesia or medications are necessary.
- What can I expect after a Micro-Needling procedure?
- The skin will be red and flushed, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn, for 12 hours to 3 days. You may also experience mild swelling, tightness, and/or mild peeling. Side effects are temporary and typically resolve within 3 days. Total healing time depends on the depth of the treatment, skin type, and skin condition, and some patients may heal completely in 24 hours.
- When will I see the results?
- Patients typically notice an immediate glow, but visible improvement will take about 2-4 weeks and can continue for up to 6 months.
- How many treatments will I need?
- A series of 3-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart is ideal for optimal results. Some conditions like deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks, and acne scars may need 6-8 treatments.