Micro-Needling & Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
Micro-Needling with Eclipse MicroPen
Contact the Aesthetic Institute today to schedule a consultation for you or a member of your family.
- What is Micro-Needling?
- The Eclipse MicroPen uses a sterile needle-tip containing 12 tiny micro-needles to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin. This initiates the skin’s repair process to naturally produce collagen and elastin, ideal for smoothing fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, traumatic scars, and stretch marks. Micro-channels created by this skin treatment allow for optimal absorption of topical products and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), enhancing their effects in the deeper layers of skin.
- What does it feel like?
- Micro-Needling feels similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. Topical numbing may be applied prior to your procedure, but no anesthesia or medications are necessary.
- What can I expect after a Micro-Needling procedure?
- The skin will be red and flushed, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn, for 12 hours to 3 days. You may also experience mild swelling, tightness, and/or mild peeling. Side effects are temporary and typically resolve within 3 days. Total healing time depends on the depth of the treatment, skin type, and skin condition, and some patients may heal completely in 24 hours.
- When will I see the results?
- Patients typically notice an immediate glow, but visible improvement will take about 2-4 weeks and can continue for up to 6 months.
- How many treatments will I need?
- A series of 3-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart is ideal for optimal results. Some conditions like deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks, and acne scars may need 6-8 treatments.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy. What is PRP?
- Platelet Rich Plasma is a concentration of platelets in the blood that are crucial to wound healing. When used for skin rejuvenation, PRP releases growth factors into the skin to expedite the body’s own repair process and stimulate new collagen and elastin.
- What does the procedure entail?
- A small blood sample is taken from your own body and the PRP is separated from the other components. The PRP is then topically applied to the skin immediately following a micro-needling procedure. The micro-channels created by micro-needling provide direct pathways to the deeper layers of skin for optimal wound healing. Micro-needling with PRP application is an ideal treatment for smoothing fine lines, wrinkles, and scars or even increasing plumpness and overall rejuvenation of the skin.